MIDNAPORE COLLEGE ( AUTONOMOUS)
The library was formerly housed on the first floor of the old building and was started functioning falong with the commencement of B.A. & B.Sc. classes in the year 1957. The library space was very meager. After a few years some new department with the subjects were opened and the gradually new books were purchased for the needs of the students and the library began to grow up to keep space with growing academic needs of the teachers, students and non-teaching staffs. In view of this the library was shifted on the 2nd floor of the UGC building and it began functioning from 1964. The approximate area of that library building was 4500 sq. ft. Within the library the acquisition unit, processing unit, circulation area and the main stack area are accommodated on the 2nd floor of the UGC building. A separate seating accommodation of teachers was there in the library for reference & class work. A reading room space is provided for the students in the 2nd floor of the library.
In August 2009 the library was shifted in the Thakbastha Building (1st floor and 2nd floor). The built up area is 4500 sq. ft. The Technical Section, Circulation Section and the main stack room are accommodated on the 1st floor and Resource Learning Centre is situated the 2nd floor of this building. This Resource Learning Centre comprises Reading Room, Digital Library and with a Seminar Hall. Internet searching facility is also available in Resource Learning Centre.