- WORKING HOURS:
The College Library remains open in all working days. The Library functions from 7.00 am to 7.00 pm from Monday to Friday and 7.00 am to 2.30 pm on Saturday and remains closed on Sunday and other holidays.
- GENERAL RULES
- While in the library all persons shall observe basic and elementary principles of library ethics, obey the rules and procedures of the library and submit to discipline enforced by the Librarian.
- Every member of the library must be prepared to establish his/her identity when requested to do so. Without valid Library card no service will be provided from the library.
- Readers shall maintain perfect orders and silence in the library
- Making noise, smoking, sleeping and doing anything which may disturb other readers or go against the discipline of the library are strictly prohibited.
- While entering the library, all personal articles such as brief-cases, portfolio, bags, umbrella, flat files, files covers etc. and book not belonging to this library, books borrowed from this library but not meant to be returned to the library shall be deposited at the property counter.
- While taking out any printed materials personal or library copy, necessary ‘Gate Pass’ must be produced at the check point near the exit if required.
- Use of library cards except by the bonafide person is strictly prohibited.
- Books taken from the open shelves should not be replaced after they have been consulted but left on the nearest Reading table.
- Reading materials should not be taken out from the Reading Rooms for Xeroxing/ copying, for consultation or for any other purpose without prior permission in writing.
- No mechanical production of any book or other materials shall be made without prior permission of the Librarian in writing.
- Readers shall vacate their seats in the reading room 10 minutes before the closing time if the In-charge of that section so desire.
- When the readers have any complaint about the services provided by the library, they should not enter into argument with the library staff. Instead, they are advised to bring it to the notice of the Librarian and or write in the complaint box kept in the Library.
- If a depositor does not claim refund of his / her library deposit money even after three years of cessation of his / her membership the deposit will be forfeited automatically.
- The library personnel is authorized to search a person (in presence of any senior library staff) if the former suspects that the latter is carrying away any unauthorized documents from the library, against which no objection is to be raised.
- Admission may be refused to anyone who has violated the library rules and regulations.
- The Library rules framed above may be altered or amended and new rules may be added to the existing ones by the Library Committee and all these rules be effective and binding on all concerned.
- All borrowed books will have to be returned once a year at a time decided by the Librarian, preferably during summer recess, if not otherwise notified.
- A Department wise orientation programmes on library rules for the students should be organised in collaboration with the concerned departments at the beginning of the session.
- ELIGIBILITY FOR MEMBERSHIP
- Student : All student of this College who taking admission in regular courses in different subjects in BA, BSc, BCA and MA, MSc are eligible as Student member. Any other professional or vocational courses students of this College are not eligible for Student membership. Year drop students are not entitled to borrow any books only reading room facility will be provided to them.
- Research scholars : Stipend holder Research Scholars of this College are eligible for membership. But Non Stipend holder Research Scholars of this College are not eligible for membership.
- Teacher: College permanent teachers, Contractual teacher, Permanent part time teachers, Guest teachers (not attached with other institution) are eligible for membership.
- Graduate Laboratory Instructor: GLI of this College are eligible for membership.
- Non Teaching Staff: Permanent Non Teaching Staff of this College are eligible for membership.
- Others: Any other person who is attached in education or research may be treated as Temporary member with prior permission of the Principal and Librarian. In such case only reading room facility will be provided.
- PROCEDURE FOR ENROLMENT AND PRIVILEGE OF THE MEMBERS:
- A person eligible to be enrolled as a member of Library will fill up and assign a Membership Registration form.
- For student member:
- Membership card should be collected from the library showing admission receipt.
- Filled up membership card should be submited at the library along with permanent address proof (e.g. ration card / voter identity card / aadhar card / residential certificate) for verification. (**Xerox copy is not needed)
- Students have to be present for computerised photo.
- After maintaining above steps library card should be delivered.
- Membership of student will be valid up to Examination of each session and will be renewed when he/ she gets admitted to the next semester. Clearance certificate will be issued after return of all reading materials before receiving mark sheet of each even session.
- Membership of the Teacher, Graduate Laboratory Instructor, Non Teaching Staff, Research Scholars are restricted up to his/her working tenure. Clearance certificate will be issued from the Library after return of all library materials. Before leaving the College clearance certificate should be submitted to the Principal’s office for final settlement.
- If any book or number of books is required by any department for consultation the Head/ Principal of that particular department can borrow it through his/her name and responsibility with prior permission of Principal and/or Librarian. In all cases the number of books will not exceed 25 and the number of copies is not less than 5.
- All members will come to the library personally to take books on loan.
- At the time of borrowing a book every member is expected to examine it carefully and immediately bring to the notice of the Librarian or concerned staff of circulation section, any mutilation, defacement or damage, found in the book, otherwise the person to whom the book was last issued will be held responsible for any damage, defacement or mutilation, detected at the time of return.
- Members/Users in the library will be held responsible for the loss, damage, defacement of mutilation of books and shall be liable to be punished in such a way as may be determined by the Library Committee/G.B./Principal.
- The books fully processed and shown in the catalogue Cabinets, Art books with plates and Reference books shall not be issued for home use.
- The books not yet processed will not generally be lent out.
- LOAN OF BOOKS:
- A computer generated Issue Slip will be issued by the staff at circulation counter for issuing books, which are duly signed by the member after the issue of books. The issued books should be returned within due date.
- Before leaving the Library, users will be required to return the Text Books/Reference Books borrowed by them for consultation in the Library Reading Room.
- Books borrowed for overnight use shall be returned within one hour of the opening of the Library.
- Librarian may restrict the loan/privilege period for any book at any time.
- RENEWAL OF BOOKS :
- i) The loan of a book may be renewed (maximum twice) on return provided the book in question is not in demand by other member(s).
- ii) A book which is in great demand shall not be reissued to the same person consecutively.
iii) Librarian may at any time recall any book, if necessary before the expiry of its renewal period.
- RESTRICTED CATEGORIES OF READING MATERIALS:
- i) Reference books, periodicals (loose & bound volumes) rare books etc. should not ordinarily be lent out. However photo copies of such materials may be made available, subject to copy right restrictions, as per the library reprographic service rules.
- ii) Some text books will carry the stamp “BOOK NOT TO BE HOME ISSUED”, “NOT TO BE ISSUED OUT OF THE LIBRARY”, “READING ROOM ONLY” “DIGITIZED” and these should be kept in the library for reading purposes only.
- LOSS/DAMAGE OF LIBRARY BOOKS:
In case of loss or damage of a book or any other reading material, the member responsible for the loss/damage shall be required to replace the current edition of that document within 30 days from the date on which such loss/damage is detected. If the book is out of print and not available in the market the member will have to deposit 20 times of the latest available price of that book and all kinds of borrowing facilities for the member concerned will remain suspended till finalisation of the matter.
- LOSS OF LIBRARY CARDS:
The loss of library card should be reported immediately in writing to the local police station and the Librarian. To enable such members to continue the membership, duplicate library card may be issued on payment of Rs. 50/-. This payment has to be made at the cash counter of the college and payment receipt be produced at the time of issuing duplicate library card.
- RULES AND PROCEDURES RELATING TO REPROGRAPHIC SERVICES AND FACILITIES:
- The Library reprographic service will be rendered primarily for providing the members of the College Library with photo copies of Library materials as permissible in accordance with the copy right conventions/rules.
- The photo copies will be made available at the appropriate time on production of necessary payment receipt in case of requisition for private use with the prior permission of Librarian.
- Reprographic charges will be deposited at the college cash counter as levied by the Librarian.
- TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP:
1) To have his/her membership terminated, a member shall return to the library all the books borrowed as well as his/her library card and apply to the librarian for termination of membership.
2) The caution money will be returned by the principal on the production of a clearance certificate from the Librarian to the effect that the books and card have been returned to him.
3) In case of a staff member, the Principal shall settle his/her accounts with the College on the production of a certificate from the Librarian that the books borrowed by him/her and Library card issued to him/her have been returned to the Library.
4) Final year students will not be permitted to take Admit card for final semester examinations until he/she furnishes Library Clearance Certificate to the office of the principal.
- OVERDUE CHARGES:
The overdue charges for late return of books would be counted at the following rates-
- For late return of books borrowed against loan card, the card would be seized for equal no of days of default upto a maximum of 15 days. A fine of Rs. 1/- (Rupee one) per day per volume by the erring member.
- When there is no scope to seize the card a fine of Rs. 100/- (Rupees Hundred only) would be charged with intimation to the guardian concerned.
- For late return of books borrowed for overnight use, Rs. 5/- per book per day upto first seven days will be charged as fine after which the matter shall be referred to the head of the department concerned/Principal for his/her information and necessary action. But even thereafter fine at the rate of Rs. 5/-per book per day will continue to be imposed and the card will be seized following the same procedure as above until finalization of the matter.
- LENDING FACILITIES OF MEMBERS
13.1. College Students:
- For home issue: Maximum two books to each student for 15 days.
- For late return of books after the due date the overdue charges will be imposed as per rules vide item no. 12(i) of the Rules.
- For overnight issue : One book to each student against their Library card one hour before the closing of library and, which must be return next day within one hour of the opening of library.
- For late return of overnight issue book after the due time the overdue charge will be imposed as per rules vide item no. 12(ii) of the Rules.
- Year drop students are not entitled to borrow any books only reading room facility will be provided to them.
13.2. Research scholars (Stipend holder):
For home issue: Maximum four books to each Research scholar for 30 days. Borrowed books must be returned or renewed within due date.
13.3. Research scholars (Non Stipend holder):
Not entitled to borrow any book in their own credit. Only reading room and Xerox facilities may be extended to them.
13.4. Teaching members:
- i) College Teachers: Maximum twenty five books to each Full Time Teachers of the College for one Academic session. Borrowed books must be returned or renewed within due date.
- ii) College Contractual Teachers: Maximum ten books to each Contractual Teachers of the College for one Academic session. Borrowed books must be returned or renewed within due date.
iii) College Permanent Part Time Teachers: Maximum eight books to each Permanent Part Time Teachers of the College for one Academic session. Borrowed books must be returned or renewed within due date.
- iv) Guest Teachers: Maximum two books to each Guest Teacher of the College for 15 days. Borrowed books must be returned or renewed within due date.
- v) Teachers from other institutions: Not entitled to borrow any book in their own credit. Only reading room and Xerox facilities may be extended to them.
13.5. Graduate Laboratory Instructor: Maximum ten books to each Graduate Laboratory Instructor of the College for one Academic session. Borrowed books must be returned or renewed within due date.
13.6. Officers: Maximum 10 books to each Officer of the College for one Academic session. Borrowed books must be returned or renewed within due date.
13.7. Non-Teaching Staff : Maximum ten books to each Non-Teaching staff of the College for one Academic session. Borrowed books must be returned or renewed within due date.
13.8. Others: Members of Governing Body/University Officers: Not entitled to borrow any book in their own credit. Only reading room and Xerox facilities may be extended to them.